Friday, June 7, 2013

Focus On You

 
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.” Psalm 138:8 (NKJV)
 
When we go to God asking Him to change a person in our life, He always shows us things we need to change about ourselves.  It’s like “Lord, can we please take the focus off of me right now?”  He responds with an emphatic, “No, I will take care of them, but let’s talk about you.”  It forces growth in us that is unpleasant, but necessary.  Many of us adamantly demand change in others while they themselves either remain the same or slowly improve.  This is not to say that you are to ignore wrong behavior or that you can’t offer positive criticism, but when your entire focus is on what someone else isn’t doing, you’re missing it.  The truth of the matter is, you can’t change others, but you can change yourself.  It’s like driving a car.  You can’t concentrate on the road and be overly consumed with the car next to you.  If you do, you will wreck your car.  You will live a more peaceful life if you learn to focus on you and leave the rest for God to take care of.

Prayer: 
Heavenly Father, I thank You for being so interested in my personal growth and development.  Help me to be patient with those around me as You work on me.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment